February’s association always brings the mind first to the Saint Valentine’s Day, and then to the impending arrival of spring. Why is that not vice versa? For a mind that has heard and understood the phenomenon of the day’s celebrations in more than a few contexts, there are many ways that a man can actually understand the word for it’s relative meaning.
Through a research of days and hours, I have now come to the conclusion that what might possibly is not true about the said Saint Valentine’s Day celebrated on the 14th of February every year. There are a few things I have gathered around that will make your understanding better and stronger.
- For the very first thing, there are more than just a few priests and bishops named as Valentine/Valentino/Volantyny, as per the language/accents.
- All those religious persons recorded in history with the name Valentine are recorded in different time periods, under different rulers and popes, and thus providing difficulty in efficiently clarifying one to be The St. Valentine.
- Number three, the Saint Valentine who has been associated with February 14, the only certified fact about him is that he was buried on 14th of February.
- There is no direct association of that Saint Valentine with romantic love, only that he (wrote a letter to his dungeon guard’s daughter whom he had treated of blindness and that she had been cured) signed that letter with “Your Valentine.”
- To conclude, the St. Valentine was reported to have worn a ring of amethyst, with a cupid engraved upon. (cupids are the angels of love in roman mythology)
All the traces go back to romans, each story aspired a little by something else.
For the given little pieces f evidence, it was hence decided that the only sign of romantic love associated with Saint Valentine was his signing the letter, while the association of his signed letter to his ring, brought the conclusion that is so openly practiced today.
Besides all that, love itself needs no specific day to be celebrated. As of the romantic love, the relationship between a man and wife, fiancés, or even to be affianced, there is a certain respectability that prohibits misbehavior.
It makes a difference when you know that you can solely devote yourself to celebrating something one day. It gives you the feeling of rejuvenation, but you do not need a certain day to be specific about your love to someone, to celebrate that love. And love is not just about two people being together, it is when they appreciate their differences, accept each other with their shortcomings, and stand strong through the storms.
Feelings are always mirrored in your eyes however hard you try to hide. And yes, if you do love somebody, in any way, in every way, let them know. Show it in the purest of ways. Be the one they would want to spend the rest of their lives with. For there is nothing stronger an addiction, than the power of love.
Celebrate love, with a sense of honor, that shall grow old, together.