The territory of Kashmir is a sight too beautiful to the eye. From the peaks of the high hills to the swirling wooden cottages situated around, and to the base where in the meadows stand horses and cattle grazing; their shiny coat aglow in the warm soothing sun,
And the people there, I believe we shall call it unparalleled beauty, for some certain characteristics are but found anywhere else in the combination:
- Fair and rosy of complexion
- Square faces and high cheekbones
- Cheek apples, which are normally acquitted with chubby faces, but not here
- Angular features
- A brush of freckles, quite attractive
- Colored eyes
- Most attractive smiles!
But there is one thing that seems to be a bit missing, and that is the soft shine of a healthily nurtured skin. Not implying that they do not have care with theirs, but that the certain difference in the climate from the plains of Punjab and the rest, the difference is quite evident.
The harsh cold winds and the monsoon rains are the natural two phases of Kashmir’s weather changes. Those winds though, are dry and rough, pertaining their absorption quality of depriving the outer layer of the skin from it’s natural oils, making it rough and hard in the outlook. And not just the winds, the melted glacier waters are normally of a dry nature, that leave its effects on the skin, and the hair too.
Of the Kashmiris, their skins are in natural harmony with the region’s climate. But as of the tourists and the visitors, or the people who have come from the plains, it gets hard for them to adapt to the rough winds around.
If ever traveling to Kashmir, now you must remember that of all the things, if your skin is reacting to the rough colds and the dry waters there, you need to take care of that, to keep your skin’s actual shape intact.
- Covering yourself moderately is the first priority.
- Nurturing your skin with high moisturizing lotion
- Apply chap-stick or petroleum jelly to keep your lips from cracking dry.
- Binding one’s hair in a nice braid or hairdo will keep the cold effects to the minimal
There is a kind of beauty in every state or region, all its own.
Admire and cherish it.
And in any way, in every way, everyone, is Beautiful.