Women have pangs of the need to consume a specific delicacy, which we, very proudly, express in the name of “Craving”. It is majorly associated with a specific time or mental state of a woman’s life, yet, today, many young boys and girls have been heard of expressing such need to consume sweets, to attain that certain oblivion, that could only be experienced while devouring your favorite dessert.
Now, women, all around the world, vary in these pangs, but majority of them are associated with sweet flavors. To come along, I know it does contradict with my last post on Instagram, but we women are considered a specie that lose all control when offered a sweet. And not by anyone else, but our very close male relatives, hubbies included!
Although men seldom crave a food or taste in such a strong manner, yet, many times, they do. We have to make them realize that we women are not that “craving-driven”, the way our hubbies have named us. And so, we will go through a little exercise, that would leave no doubt in the minds of the men in our lives, that we do have more control than them, (no offense :P)
It is easy, not to say a bit difficult in the beginning. All you have to do is:
- Design your meal in a manner that provides you with a bit of sweetness throughout, leaving little desire to have the dessert at full.
- Drink a glass of water before (it’s the best). You can take any sweet juice or other beverage, to kick in the sweet buds. (Be sure not to violate your doctor’s orders)
- Take appetizers which have a tinge of sweet in their taste, so that you are already halfway through your usual sugar consumption.
- The main course (normally we go about a three course meal, so), let it be a good protein combination (it fills you up faster), and you can opt for some grain too (be it rice or chapatti).
- Have good and easy conversation going on through the meal. It helps you feel sweeter still! 😛
- When its time for dessert, you are already halfway through your sugar intake, and the desire to eat that whole cup of ice-cream or rice pudding is minimal.
This minimizing that desire for dessert is but a challenge that we could not shy away from. After all, we are still getting to eat some of it, aren’t we? 😛