Hello my beautiful fashionistas,
How you all doing? First of all a big teddy apology for being away, but there were few things on my part to be sorted. So yes I am back 😉 . Day before yesterday, I was invited to Middle East born fast fashion retailer Splash to the launch of its Sustainable collection, making a commitment towards the planet.
Forming part of the existing product portfolio of Splash, this collection for both men & women is made up of sustainable materials, reflecting the brand’s promise to work in an environment friendly manner.
Building onto the ideology of Reuse-Conserve-Recycle, the brand aims to trend sustainability with its #IAMSUSTAINABILITY campaign that marks the launch of the range in the business. With key pieces which include Drop shoulder Tees, Torn Denims, Mandarin Collar Shirts and Tonal Stripe Polos in colors like Cold Greys, Dry Pinks, Powder Blues and washed whites, the collection has been made with environmental friendly organic and recycled cotton, recycled polyester and Tencel – which have been dyed with environmental friendly inks.
Speaking on this next step in the business, Raza Beig, CEO Splash and ICONIC & Director, Landmark Group, said,
“I am happy to see the advances in sustainable fabrics which we have used in our collection. Moving towards a more sustainable future with close to 5 million pieces to be launched each year we have committed ourselves to environmental sustainability without compromising on style, trend and design”.
The collection has already hit the stores, make sure to check it out 😀
So let’s talk about some amazing facts about eco-fashion:
- More than 600,000 eco-denims manufactured from organic cotton every season- 48% climate impact reduced with 0% chemical pesticides used & 19% less carbon emission as a result.
- 15% of the total cotton we use in our garments is organic cotton.
- We saved 3.3 million gallons of water equivalent to drinking water consumed by Ireland in 1 day.
- We use only FSC approved paper in all our tags-200 metric ton plastic removed-equivalent weight of 100 SUV cars.
- More than 500,000 garments made from Tencel- less water needed/grows easily on low grade land/grows fast.
- Close to 500,000 garments made from Natural Fibre.
- Significant reduction of Marine debris thereby helping the marine ecosystem.
- 20,000 garments made from recycled plastic bottles- 19 pet bottles produce enough fiber for XL t-shirt.
- 70% less energy needed for manufacturing from recycled materials.